Silver – QFC Level 2 Certificate in planning and delivering on-going social enterprise activity. The course is delivered over 5 sessions described below. Each session is 2 hours long.
- What is a social enterprise and what do we understand by social / environmental issues?
- How does social enterprise differ from other forms of business?
- Idea generation techniques – what will make an interesting product / service?
- Can other operating products / service ideas been drawn from in terms of their success / ethical practice?
- Market research techniques
- Customer base, sales opportunities
- Feasibility of the idea/project
- SWOT analysis, challenges and risks
- Project planning techniques
- How does this idea link overall and in detail to the triple bottom line (3 P’s)
- Creative problem solving techniques – linked to SWOT and challenges / risks
- How would problems be overcome
- Cost structure and financial implications
- Managing team and your activities
- Roles, responsibilities, tasks, resources, methods for gathering feedback
- Marketing opportunities
- Project evaluation techniques – did the business make the impact intended?
- Customer Feedback – analysing Sustainability of the project PR opportunities
- The impact of the project Assessment: The Learner will need to create a Portfolio of evidence.
- The certificate is accredited by SFEDI